Police parades 13-year-old suicide bomber in Kano

The 13 -year old would- be female bomber has

confessed to being lured into the Boko

Haram sect’s suicide squad with the

promise of making it to heaven .

In a chilling account, Zarau Babangida ,

who hails from Damaturu, Yobe State , said

her parents, who live in Bauchi State ,

enlisted her into the sect.

Zarau spoke to reporters in police custody

after being arrested along with her

accomplice .

She would have detonated another bomb

during the December 10 twin- explosions in

Kano ’s Kantin Kwari market but for a

change of mind . Ten people were reported

dead in that blast ; nine others were

injured.

Zarau spoke to reporters yesterday .

Her story : “ When my parents took me to the

Boko Haram training camp in Bauchi, I did

not have an idea what they wanted me to go

and do. But when we got there, one of the

trainers asked me whether I wanted to go to

paradise . I replied in the affirmative . He

then told me that I had an assignment to

carry out in Kano. After the necessary

training , he told me that three of us (all

female ) would travel to Kano to execute

the assignment , saying after executing the

assignment , we would then be entitled to

make it to paradise .

“ When we got to Kano, they took us straight

to Kantin Kwari market . When it was time

for the execution, the two other girls took

their position . We all had the bombs

concealed in our dresses because we were

wearing hijab. The others detonated their

bombs, but I vehemently refused to ignite

mine . But I was injured on my left leg from

the explosion .

“ Due to the injury, I shouted for help, the

commercial tricycle operator , who

sympathised with me , took me to Dawanau ,

where I resided with my parents. However , I

removed the concealed bomb in my body and

left it on the seat of the tricycle .

“ The tricycle operator returned to confirm

that I was the one carrying the bomb and

he alerted security agents. I was arrested

at the hospital where I was being treated.”

Kano Police Commissioner Mr Aderenle

Shinaba , who was with heads of other

security agencies in the state , said the

arrest of the 13- year old would-be bomber

and her accomplice was as a result of the

synergy among the outfits.

Shinaba confirmed that the girl was

arrested at the hospital. He cautioned

against insinuations that people of

particular ethnic group are behind the

bombings .Department of State Services and the
Nigerian Police Wednesday afternoon paraded a 13
years old female suicide bomber arrested in the
wake of attack on Kano textile market.
The arrested female suicide bomber who
identified herself as Zaharau claimed to be an
indigene of Bauchi State told reporters in Kano
that she was recruited into the heinous act by
her father.
Zaharau was picked up in unnamed hospital in
Kano shortly after the twin blast that rocked the
popular textile market in the city on December
10, where she had gone to sought medical
attention over an injury she sustained from the
blast.

The 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ogun NACHPN buried scribe, amidst of tears

15 facts about the late Ogun NACHPN Scribe, Late Adekunle Adeniji

NANNM Issues 15-Day Ultimatum to FG on Nurses' Verification and Other Demands