The king and servant

The late king of my community
had ten wild dogs. He used them
to torture and eat any of his
servants who made a mistake.
One of the servants gave an
opinion which was wrong, and
the king didn’t like it at all. So he
ordered that the servant be
thrown to the dogs.
The servant said, “I served you
for ten years, and you do this to
me? Please give me ten days
before throwing me to those
dogs!” The king agreed.
In those ten days, the servant
went to the guard who looks
after the dogs and told him he
would like to serve the dogs for
the next ten days. The guard was
baffled but agreed, and the
servant started feeding the dogs,
cleaning for them, bathing them,
and providing all sorts of comfort
for them.
When the ten days were over, the
king ordered that the servant be
thrown to the dogs for his
punishment. When he was
thrown in, we were all amazed to
see the ravenous dogs only
licking the feet of the servant!
The king, baffled at what he was
seeing, said,
”What has happened to my
dogs?”
The servant replied, "I served the
dogs for only ten days, and they
didn’t forget my service. Yet I
served you for a whole ten years
and you forgot all, at my first
mistake!"
The king realised his mistake and
ordered the servant to be set
free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ogun NACHPN buried scribe, amidst of tears

15 facts about the late Ogun NACHPN Scribe, Late Adekunle Adeniji

NANNM Issues 15-Day Ultimatum to FG on Nurses' Verification and Other Demands