I was nearly raped by my private patient

A nurse in Abeokuta, Ogun state explained her experience to SYMPLY ABEFE MEDIA as she was nearly raped by a private patient she cared for.

She said "Towards the ending of year 2021, some good Samaritan brought a man (name withheld) to our clinic with various degree of wound on his head, as a senior Nurse and the head of the shift, I was at the centre of care for him.

"We attended to him as appropriate and he was discharged with an instruction to come for the wound dressings as at when due.

"He adhere to the instructions and the dressing days, I knew this because I was the one that always attend to him.

"As a well know man in the area and my patient, he requested for my number and I was never hesitated to give him my number.

"Sometime in the middle of 2022, he called me that he is sick and not feeling fine, I told him to come to the clinic but he said he didn't like the hospital odors that he will prefer an home care, I told him then that I am very busy and I couldn't come around.

"I further suggested sending one or two of our trainees over for the care but he insisted on me coming over due to my professional experience.
I couldn't visit him then for the care.

"In the last full week of October 2022, he called me again that he is not feeling well that he has Malaria, I persuaded him again to come to the clinic but he still insisted, and I told him that the only time I will be less busy to come around is weekend, and he replied that, he can still wait till then.

"On Saturday, I called him in the morning around 10am, he said he wasn't around, that a customer asked him to come over for a project (He sells one of the building materials) at 6pm he called me that he was around that I should come over but I told him the it's already late and I will call him on Sunday after church, and he accepted.

The following day (on Sunday), after the church service I have to put a call through to him because he had called me twice during the service, and I quickly dashed out to his office with the hope to still meet my family in church after his treatment.

When I got to his office he said, he wouldn't want to collect the injection in his office because he wishes to rest after the injection without any disturbance, and asked me to follow him home, with his reason I agreed.

I got into his car and sat at the passages side as he drove, after few minutes we left the main road and he drove through some developing areas far from the main road for about 15 to 20 minutes, in dismay I asked him where he was going and he replied that he rented a room in that area that he always visit whenever he want to rest, and we are heading there.

After almost 30 minutes off main road we got to this unfamiliar environment and I was shocked to discover that the so called rented room is in an hotel, fear set in but I summoned courage that I will just give him his injection and leave.
Unbelievably, as we entered the room, the man close the door and started undressing until it remains only boxer on him, I wasn't surprised and suspicious until after giving him injection that he grabbed me from behind trying to forcefully off my clothes.

We continued this process for several minutes, he removed my scalf and really rough-handled me and each time I scream and shout, he will say Oju ọlọmọ o to lowa (This is an outskirts) nobody can hear you.

After several minutes of screaming and struggling without any help, I withdrew to pleading, that he should please never to do anything with me, I begged him in the name of God and all the existing dieties that I could remember.

After many pleas, he later asked me that, "How much do you want? Is there a convenant between you and your husband? What is so special in what I am requesting for?" He added that, "I know some nurses that will joyfully jump into the offer but you insisted, if you like when you get home or office, start telling people, in your presence, I will deny everything and you will see what I will do for you".

After all this, he agreed to let me go on one condition, and the condition is that I should shave his pubic hair, I have no choice, at least we always shave our preoperative patients.

He finally dressed up and opened the door and we Left the hotel room.

He asked me not to sit beside him in the car that I should sit at the owners corner, I gladly accept it and we left the vicinity.

I got home and did severe and thorough environmental services on my phone, I deleted his numbers and blocked him.

I don't want to tell anybody about it but I want people to learn from me, therefore, please keep it anonymous report.

Thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ogun NACHPN buried scribe, amidst of tears

15 facts about the late Ogun NACHPN Scribe, Late Adekunle Adeniji

NANNM Issues 15-Day Ultimatum to FG on Nurses' Verification and Other Demands