I donated three pints of blood and was transfused with seven pints - Mr Agbolade Michael

Our correspondent interviewed a pharmacist at Sacred Heart Hospital Lantoro Annex at Ajebo, Mr. Michael Agbolade:

Sir Oyero: Please can we meet you?
Pharm: Ehm my name is Pharm Michael Agbolade
Sir Oyero: When you are introducing yourself you call yourself Pharm can you just tell us where the journey started from, as in your educational background?
Pharm: Well well well, I started my elementary school far back in the 90’s and I proceeded to secondary school, Molusi College Ijebu Igbo where I have my SSCE,  but before I left secondary school, my parent had the choice of my first son have to be a medical practitional and I have been thinking of being a medical doctor but due to the educational situation in Nigeria, so I first joined pharmacy.
Sir Oyero: When you are introducing yourself, you made mention of Molusi college, Ijebu Igbo, are you a native of Ijebu Igbo?
Pharm: I am a native of Ijebu North, Ijebu Igbo precisely Awa – Ijebu to be precise.
Sir Oyero: Awa ijebu, what are the challenges you met in this couse?
Pharm: Everybody has challenges when reading and all sort, but the crucial one, I can remember was when I was in my final year and I couldn’t pay for my school fees and buy handout, then I was forced to donate blood at the General Hospital, Ijebu-Ode and that was a vital and unforgetable memory of mine, then I have to donate three pints of blood to pay for a particular handout (cut).
Sir Oyero: You mean the three pints of blood at once?
Pharm: …..at once it was like a dream that day, although the scientist, I mean lab scientists actually don’t know I have donated three because you know the setting of hospital they have different laboratory so, did one in a separate place andd the other another and when I got to the third place, the scientist ask me, have I donated before? I said no, and he went ahead but unfortunately when I am going back to my school, I fainted and I was carried back for admission, I actually collected seven pints of blood, that was when I met my spouse, I mean my wife.
Sir Oyero: Wow, you said final year, what school is that?
Pharm: In college, Ogun State College of Health Technology, Ilese-Ijebu.
Sir Oyero: Despite the challenges, what are the force that have kept you going?
Pharm: There is an adage that says “behind every successful man, there is always a woman or a woman like man”, well!!! I have one believe and the believe is “keep on moving” that is final reason. The moral that keep me moving is all about make a dream for my family being the first born and the only son I never for once get tired of life.
Sir Oyero: You said you met your wife when you gave  blood?, how!, is your wife working in the hospital?
Pharm: She is not, but her dad was one of the Laboratory scientist there, when I was about leaving, he was the one that actually carried me like “kilo se e”, “molo dontate blood ni o”. He was the one that paid for my addmission, the blood and the girl was besides the father in the hospital.
Sir Oyero: Now, sometimes things happen for a purpose
Pharm: Yes
Sir Oyero: What are those things that can piss you off?
Pharm: Well, as a young man, I have face many challenges and there is absolutely nothing in life that can piss me off.
Sir Oyero: Thanks, who are your role model?
Pharm: They are many but the first on my list is my mother, if I will come back to this life I want to still be her son again and the second person is my Biology teacher, who happen to be a principal then he is one of those that make me know about science, so in this field I did not have any role model because it is just a part-time job for now and I will soon leave this field for another field and in the next interview I will talk about my next field, another role model is my wife she has being a good partner.
Sir Oyero: Favourite colour, food
Pharm: Pink, Yellow & white
Sir Oyero: Favourite food
Pharm: I don’t actually have one food but I love semo & vegetable
Sir Oyero: Advise to younger ones
Pharm: On that, what so ever you find to do and your dream is, don’t stop as far as you are happy with what you do, you might be doing it and money is not coming but one day you will get there once you continue. And remember, “education is the only business you can do without loss”, as it’s a legacy of light and it will make you get to where you deserve.
Sir Oyero: Thank you pharm Agbolade Michael and we believe anytime we call on you, you will answer.
Pharm: With all pleasure
Thank you very much

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ogun NACHPN buried scribe, amidst of tears

15 facts about the late Ogun NACHPN Scribe, Late Adekunle Adeniji

NANNM Issues 15-Day Ultimatum to FG on Nurses' Verification and Other Demands