The Phone Book

By Ayodele Awojobi

We all have oríṣiríṣi ways of saving our friends and loved ones phone numbers in our phone books. On my phone, you will see some names like E N G R, B A R R, omosco_bg, D V C, P. Dilly et al. On some phones you see funny ones like Kasali Eleran, Iya Sulia Òní Bread, Engineer Somolu Bariga. Which other ones do you know? 😀

Over the years, church members of different denominations know how to identify themselves either by dressing, mode of talking, stickers on cars or things like that. Few years ago during my NYSC at Ẹ̀fọ̀n Alààyè, while waiting for him in his car in Ado Ekiti, one man approached me and said 'Glory to Jesus' and I responded 'Hallelujah'. The man knew I didn't belong. Why? My friend is a Catholic and the man saw the rosary he hung on the central mirror 😀. I'm sure you know where I belong.

So, sometimes last year, I went to work in a Primary Health Centre and one of the Matrons noticed by wrist. Few minutes later, she said to me 'Dr, thank God you're here, I've been looking for a doctor that would deliver this year's Health Week Lecture'. I immediately accepted the task because I knew what she saw.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Health Week topic in the Nigerian Baptist Convention for last year was 'Breast and Cervical Cancer in Women'. To the glory of God, I was invited by 3 local Churches to deliver the seminar. Oluwaseun.

So we exchanged numbers and for whatever reason(s), I stayed behind to see how she would save mine.... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Your guess is as good as mine.... 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

#WhenIWasAway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ogun NACHPN buried scribe, amidst of tears

15 facts about the late Ogun NACHPN Scribe, Late Adekunle Adeniji

NANNM Issues 15-Day Ultimatum to FG on Nurses' Verification and Other Demands