Adebutu's camp in disarray as party chieftain resigns

...Lawyer says "It is over" for his governorship ambition

A major upset may have hit the camp of a member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Oladipupo Adebutu as the factional party chairman in Ijebu Ode Local Government, Otunba Gbolahan  Nowoola resigned his appointment.

In a statement posted on the social media by Nowoola on Friday, the Ijebu-Ode born politician said, "God bless our dear PDP. It is time to bid Ogun State politics farewell or (take a ) sabbatical leave.

"What is Local Govt PDP Chairman to me?Otunba Gbolahan A. Nowoola.
Time and physical resources that I have put in as PDP Chairman, Ijebu Ode LG over the years can never be quantified.

"Adebutu gave mere N650k for a rally that covered 4 different locations in a cosmopolitan LG that saw 6 police patrol vehicles, DSS, SIB, Civil Defence, Military patrol vehicles and was still shouting "where is my money"

"A rally that was so successful without any hitch. A rally that was organised by seasoned politicians of note that made up the campaign committee, which, I voluntarily didn't include myself as the chairman. A committee headed by the LG Deputy Chairman that was only given less than 48 hours to organise. I am the Great Kakanfo of Ilara Kingdom. I am a Lagos State High Chief on Lagos State payroll for ever. My title is worth many titles. No one can insult my personality.Again, No ONE.

The statement read  further, "I will miss my people in Ijebu Ode, my fellow party mates and followers. My Senatorial Chairman sir, God bless you, Oga.

"Fellow LG chairmen,I will miss you too. Ogborioooooo,I am so sorry but I can't take this 'shit' anymore.
Osoko, my Oga,I hail sir. Leaders and collegiate leaders of Akile Ijebu,your son is moving higher. Iperu Agenda rules Ogun State. It's Lado's way or you hit the highway.

"My mentor sir, OGD, I am still loyal and it's Atiku and PDP all way.
I have some votes under me and we shall deliver them for PDP.
I really wish Hon Adebutu great lucks but his handlers should do better.The qualities of a good person is still NOT in him yet."

Similarly, a one-time lead counsel to Adebutu, Dr. Yemi Oke has openly declared that Adebutu has lost the batte for Ogun State PDP governorship ticket.

In a statement he posted on the social media same Friday, the legal practitioner said, "Awi' wii-wii won o gbo" (We cried, shouted, "He" turned deaf hears). My labour, threats to life, loss of SAN and Court of Appeal nomination on ground of evil petitions of the other camp; labour, efforts of Excos, supporters, legal team, others- all thrown into the lagoon for preventable 'carelessness'. O ma se'e o (Sad, very sad). Now, billions of Baba Ijebu (that kindhearted, generous old man) wasted. God/Allah will reward Baba elswehere.

"It's over, guys - (aso o ba 'omoye', omoye ti rin wo-wo wo'ja)- the harm is done beyond redemption. Again, it is well, over and done-Yemi Oke."

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had on Thursday, 31st of January, 2019 published the name of  Senator Buruji Kashamu as the Ogun State PDP Governorship Candidate in the March 2 governorship election.

Adebutu had been locked in a long-drawn battle with Kashamu for the Ogun State PDP Governorship ticket until it was resolved last Thursday by the electoral umpire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ogun NACHPN buried scribe, amidst of tears

15 facts about the late Ogun NACHPN Scribe, Late Adekunle Adeniji

NANNM Issues 15-Day Ultimatum to FG on Nurses' Verification and Other Demands